Sunday, March 24, 2013

Dismal weather but fab books

Its a very wintry night here in Ireland.. Yes I know it is supposed to be Spring. .But tell that to my daffodils and crocuses who are hanging their little heads so the wind does not decapitate them....sigh.... when the warm weather ever comes back I am sooooooo going to be ready for it...
So with all bad weather it is perfect weather for reading( well some good has to come from all the wet stuff). I was pondering today over the what books I am in the mood for to read this coming week and I surprised myself with the selection I picked. Normally this time of year has me thinking of romance books and if I can find one that combines Paris and love well then I am one happy chick.
As the wind is howling outside the window and the stove is being packed to the brim all day, more wintry themed books are yelling out to be read, and I am quite happy to remain with them for a few more weeks. (Any more then that and cabin fever is going to take over if I don't get out and get some sunshine soon).






My picks for this coming week are these:

3 comments:

  1. Below Staires is on my "want to read" list. I hope you let me know how you liked it. I've read that she had several books that she wrote about her life as a servant. I'm curious what you think of her story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definetly let you know Judy. I loved Upstairs/Downstairs(both the old and new versions of the TV show) I am hoping this will be a great insight into the life of a servant in a real life Upstairs/Downstairs.

      Delete
  2. That is what I first loved about it before I knew anything about the story. Hope you have a happy reading week :0)

    ReplyDelete