Saturday, May 25, 2013

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Review



I could sum this book up with only one word... Awesome!!!!! I have a feeling you might like a little more information on it though. OK can we just begin with some of the names of characters in the book. Atticus Finch. Boo Radley . Calpurnia. Mrs Henry Lafyette Dubose ,Miss Maudie Atkinson and the main girl Scout! There are others but really these names really stood out for me.
The story set in the deep south many years ago really set the scene in my head , the oppressive heat as well as the oppressive thoughts and beliefs of some people really made the story come alive. As I was reading this it was all to easy to picture the scenes in my head and what it would have been like to grow up in that town with these neighbours and friends. This is not a book you can read and be untouched by, it will linger in my head as all great books have a habit of doing.
The plot touches on so many tough subjects but does so in a way that keeps you reading rather then turning you off the story. It is told with tenderness and compassion and love.
Now I am going off to Daydream about a cool character called Boo and one bad ass chick called Scout!

No comments:

Post a Comment