Saturday, June 20, 2015

Book Loving Bloggers Q&A


Hi guys today I am introducing you to a friend of mine and fellow blogger Lisa . I got the idea for to do this book quiz after reading many blogs and being curious about how the bloggers feel about books and all things bookish. Most are used to interviewing authors, meeting authors but not being interviewed themselves so I thought I would change that! So I asked my friend Lisa to join me as we ask some of our favourite book bloggers/writers about their book love. I picked 30 questions , 10 of which I wanted them to pick from. So first up is my friend Lisa. Welcome Lisa!!!!! Glad to have you here 

Q1-WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDHOOD BOOK OR BOOKS.
Lisa- That's easy. Nancy Drew. When I was reading a Nancy Drew book, the world around me completely dissapeared . At a younger age, I don't remember my favourite book. My memory isn't very sharp when it comes to my very young years.

Q2-WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED FROM READING
Lisa- Wow, so many things. A love for things I would never have had if not for reading. I've seen so much of the world through reading. I've learned now to love new hobbies , and professions. I've learned to be more open minded , and I've learned better punctuation ;0)

Q3-LIBRARY, BOOKSHOP, SHOP ON LINE , WHICH IS YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO BUY BOOKS.
Lisa- I order a lot on line simply because the closest bookstore is over an hour away. But I completely prefer a bookstore. I managed one for four years and would love to own one now. When my sister and I make a trip to the bookstore, we actually head to Barnes and Noble , an hour and a half away because we like it better then the one slightly closer. So , we make a day of it. We get there when they open at 10.00 am , claim a table at the in store cafe , and stay all day. Sometimes it's close to 3.00pm before we leave. LOL we're lucky they don't kick us out.

Q4-IF YOU HAD TO PICK A PLACE TO READ AWAY FROM HOME WHERE WOULD YOU PICK AND WHY?
LIsa- I love reading in the car. When I take my sisters to appointments , I stay in the car and read . I also leave early for my own appointments so I have a little car reading time. 

Q5-DID YOU ALWAYS WANT TO BE A BLOGGER/ REVIEWER ?
Lisa- it's not something I ever thought about doing. I would leave reviews from time to time . But it wasn't until I started reading Cozy Mysteries around three years ago and started researching titles and sites , and authors that I knew I wanted to do more. The cozy communities I found on Facebook are so friendly , and the authors are kind and very approachable . Then I started reading just how much reviews mean for the and the continuation of the series they write. I wanted to do something for them . Give something back for all the hours of joy they bring me when I read their books . So one day, without any thought, I started a blog. The rest as it is said, is history!

Q6- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING ABOUT THE BOOK COMMUNITY
Lisa- The people! Readers, authors, reviewers. Everyone is so friendly. I've made some wonderful new friends. Including you! 

Q7-WHAT BOOK RELATED PLACE IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO
Lisa- Oh my, let me think. I can't pick just one. I would love to live in one of the small cozy southern or coastal towns . There's also a fictional town called Snowflake VT that would be fun to live in because I adore snow! There are so many cozy mysteries that I read , that when the book I almost over I'm sad because I know it will be at least a year before I can visit again.

Q8- DO YOU HAVE OTHER HOBBIES APART FROM READING
Lisa- Since starting the blog, most if my time goes into that and I love it. But I love love to bake cupcakes. I also collect all things cupcakes and my kitchen is decorated in a cupcake theme. I also like to wrote letters  and cards. I miss old fashioned snail mail. There's something so wonderful out getting a note in the mail from someone to make me smile. I hope my notes do the same for them. 

Q9-HAVE YOU EVER SAT DOWN AND READ A BOOK FROM START TO FINISH
Lisa- Yes, I have, and it's a joy. Even if my eyes do hurt after. LOL, but I love being able to have that time to get lost in a wonderful story. Everything feels right when I have a book in my hands .

Q10- DO YOU GIVE BOOKS AS PRESENTS
Lisa- I do as a matter of fact, after a conversation with author Laura Bradford where she mentioned there should be a holiday where people buy each other books , I invented , BUY A FRIEND A BOOK DAY. It took off like crazy! This was in 2013, so this August 31st, 2015 will be the third annual BUY A FRIEND A BOOK DAY! So make sure to buy someone you love a book on August 31st.
.............................................................................................................................................................
Edel , thank you so much. This has been fun. I'm used to being on the other end of the questions!

Lisa , it's been great having you stop by and getting to know the woman behind the blogger and some of the bookish loves in your life! 
Below please find a link to Lisa's social media pages where she regularly posts awesome content ! 

Lisa's blog
Twitter
Facebook


9 comments:

  1. LOL Something else you can tell from me interview is that I am the Queen of Typos! As a matter of fact, I hold the title proudly and and thinking about having a t-shirt done that says so.

    Thank you again for having me, Edel! It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Lisa's interview. I follow her blog and her reviews...it was nice to learn a little more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupcakes! I could taste test. 😋. Fictional towns there are so many to choose from but it would always be in someone's kitchen. Love the diva series for that reason. Fun to know something about you. Thanks for sharing. I'm marking August 31 on my calendar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! August 31 in one of my favorite times of year!

      Delete
  4. What a great interview. I love Lisa's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun interview! It's great to learn more about Lisa and the Buy a Friend a Book day in August!!

    ReplyDelete