Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rosie Hopkin's Sweet Shop of Dreams by Jenny Colgan Review


I have been a fan of Jenny's for many years and just when you think her books can't get any better they do!!!!! I adore this cute cover , it was in fact what first drew me to the book before I realised it was by this author. If you are in the mood for a cute and cozy read then def pick this up!
This charming story is about two women, Rosie and her elderly aunt Lilian. Throughout the story we get glimpses of Lilian's life though a kind of diary form and this lady had quite the life!Rosie on the other hand feels a little stuck in her life ,a change would do her the world of good.When she hears that Lilian is need of help  Rosie makes the journey to stay and help her for  a while and try and sort our her aunt's sweetshop . This decision will prove to be a very good one !
 This was very enjoyable and I recommend it to anyone who likes a cosy read and is fond of sweeties. (I dare you to try and read this without a bag of old fashioned sweets.......roll out the rhubarb and custards I say!!!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment