Monday, January 12, 2015

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven . Review.


This is the story about two teenagers, Theodore and Violet, they go to the same school but did not have much to do with each other until one day they both find themselves in the same place about to commit suicide. I instantly liked both these characters in different ways, Theodores part of the story was more of a mystery , he is a bit of a reluctant hero and I would have wanted him as a friend when I was at school. He is badass with a heart of gold. My heart went out to Violet as she is struggling deep down with a tragedy that happened in her life fairly recently and you really empathise with her and what she is going through. I just wanted to hug her. The story was written very well,the writing about mental illness and the way it touched these teens lives felt raw and very real .These characters are unforgettable and the story is touching and heartbreaking.I would recommend reading this with a large box of tissues. 

I received this book for review from the lovely folks over at Lovereading4kids.
This book has been published this month and is available to buy on lovereading4kids through the link below and all other good bookstores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment