Thursday, January 10, 2013

Book Haul No 1 January (2013)

My First haul of the year....those words are delicious!!The books,even more so!!

I had read Caitlin's previous bestseller How To Be A Woman and spent so much time laughing that there was no way I was not going to get this book. By the way if you have not read her previous book I highly recommend it.
James Herbert is a wonderful writer of creepy,chill you to the bone books that are perfect for keeping you up  at night and ensuring that you never sleep with the light out again!! 
This is actually a journal I got but I am including it anyway.I love these covers!
How creepy and fab is this cover!!!! This looks like it's going to be a great story..Bring on the creepfest!!!
I have this book on my kindle but I wanted the paperback copy .I really enjoyed this story.If you like books about books with a little bit of romance and Christmas spirit thrown in then you might enjoy this. 
The spooks apprentice series is wonderful and this is the latest in that series, a lot of the main characters are not in this story but other characters are mentioned. I don't see this series mentioned a lot but it really should be as it is wonderful. I started reading this after the Harry Potter series finished as I needed an adventure series I could really get into with wonderful characters and this is what I found. I have read all of the books so far and it is fantastic. The series is coming to an end soon  but there are 11 books ,and three additional stories(if you include this one).Plenty to keep a young person or YA fan entertained.
I got to say the first thing that drew me to this book was the cover ,vintage and beautiful. I am really looking forward to finding out more about this.
Skulduggery is quite the character! This is another fun series with plenty of action and adventure for Skulduggery and his good friend Valkyrie

1 comment: