Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Blood-Dimmed Tide by Rennie Airth

                                                      The Blood-Dimmed Tide
                                                            By Rennie Airth

I was wandering around the library one wet and drizzly day recently looking for a real great page turner . I had no particular genre in mind but I needed something that was going to hold  my interest.
I came across this book. I had never heard of the author before or the name of the book. Now that I have read it I am stunned !!
This author wrote a book that I could not lay down for more then a few minutes.. It was Saturday evening , I put on the fire ,put on the kettle, and out it came. Well that was where I stayed for the duration of the night because let me tell you folks I could not have gone anywhere and left this book unfinished.The is a fictional story is about John Madden, a retired police inspector now living in the surrey countryside.After  the body of a young female child is found horribly murdered he lends a hand in finding out who did it.  OK the plot was fairly grisly .. the despicable murder of children was not easy to read about, but the way in which Rennie Airth weaved the story with spy's, and German /British intelligence, and how it may be possible that the killer was  a spy and able to commit crimes in countries, and get away with it,with many alias's. This got the old grey cells buzzing and the adrenaline pumping like few books normally do... I do not want to give away the plot but there is more then one murder, and the book has a very satisfying ending . There is also a few red herrings thrown in for good measure.
If I was giving books marks out of 5 this would indeed be 5*

No comments:

Post a Comment