Monday, December 5, 2016

Hygge , The Danish Art Of Happiness by Marie Tourell Søderberg. Review

I don't know about you but I have been seeing a lot of books about Hygge this year especially the later half of the year and no better time to talk about this cosy experience then the colder months of the year. 
Inside this book is a large selection of beautiful photographs capturing the essence of Hygge , well ...., as well as a picture can , as it is more a feeling then an actual thing. 
The author explains well the elements of Hygge and others experiences with it in different ways . For example  , traditions , decorating  , relationships and friendships to name but a few . The author also talks to various people about their own experience with Hygge giving me a better all round explanation of how it is experienced . 
I did notice while I was reading the book that an overwhelming calm came over me , my phone was on silent and there was nothing to disturb me , I created my own type of Hygge while reading about it . Beautiful inside and out , this would make a beautiful gift ! Also helpful was the index at the back of the book giving suggested  further reading lists , and there is even a Hygge music playlist recommendation nearer the middle of the book ( from what I can remember ) . 

Anyway,  I do recommend this book to all fans of being cosy and comfortable and feeling nurtured . 
Here is a link to this book on The Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment