Sunday, July 17, 2016

What's A Girl Gotta Do by Holly Bourne. Review


This is the story about a young woman called Lottie who after getting sexually harassed on her way to college one day decides she has had enough of being treated like this by men as she is going about her day to day life and so decides to do something about it with the help of her friends . 
This book really opened my eyes to sexism , feminism and what it is to be female in this day and age . I felt a range of emotions while reading this book and completely loved Lottie's gumption despite her fears and the walls she came up against . I think if you are a female of any age ,parts of this book will resonate with you , I finished it , sat back and thought of all the sexism I have seen in my life and well done to this author for bringing this subject to light with Lottie's very likeable character . 
The story was inspired by the authors own expierence with sexual harassment , there was moments of deep sadness , but  it was very inspiring what she did with that horrible experience . 

I received this book for review from the lovely people over at Lovereading4kids.

This book is being published August 2016 and will be available from Lovereading4kids and all other good bookstores then. 
Below please find a link to this book :

No comments:

Post a Comment