Sunday, July 10, 2016

The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen Aged 83 1/4 Years Old.Review


This non fiction account of the ups and downs of Hendrik Groen is a humourous read . Living in a retirement home he has plenty of material to fill a book with and I am so glad that he did . 
The book contains his day to day life in diary format , details of his health, friendships , fears and hopes . There was plenty of moments in the book where you just sit back after reading a paragraph and just take in what he has said to you, he slips in details that often made a lump form in my throat , it's often deeply thought provoking , sometimes laugh out funny , sometimes tearjerking. This is a year in the life of what it is like for someone in a home, how they are treated , what they do, the things that matter most to them and I am so glad I got to read it. I just hope after he finished this he picked up his pen again and carried on writing. I recommend this book to any fans of non fiction diarys .

I received this book for review from the lovely people over at Lovereading.co.uk
This book is being published August 2016 and will be available from Lovereadjng and all other good bookstores then.
Below please find a link to this book:

No comments:

Post a Comment