Sunday, October 26, 2014

Not That Kind Of Girl by Lena Dunham. Review


I did not know very much about Lena when I started this book and I had not watched any television program or movie that she starred in . All that shall now be rectified......I was half way through the book when I decided I had to immediately watch Tiny Furniture ... You should too. It is very good. Now on with the review!
I listened to the audible version of this book where Lena is the narrator and the story was made extra special because of that. Lena is a very good story teller and brought real feelings to the story through her voice. One of the main things I enjoyed was that she did not shy away from things that touch all females lives , menstruation, sex, boyfriends, families, depression, love and loss. There is very little that Lena will not talk about in her unique quirky fashion and that is kind of the reason while listening to her you feel like you are listening to an old friend talking to you about their problems and life. Very relatable, comical, touching,  and leaves you feeling less alone in the world with your own problems. Lena you are awesome ! Let's be friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment