Tuesday, August 30, 2016

My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante. Review

I had heard mention of this book a lot before I actually got my hands on a copy . It kept coming on to my radar like it was trying to get my attention so one day I finally gave in and ordered it from my library to see what all the fuss was about. I really wish it had not taken me so long to get around to reading this,  but I am so glad that I did . 
The story primarily is about two girls and the beginning of the book is present day with the rest of the book explaining how it all began with these two very different girls. 
Elena and Lila are the two main characters and they live on the outskirts of Naples in Italy . There really could not be a more scenic setting for a story!
These two have an unlikely friendship that seems to be constantly prickly and filled with irksome problems but somehow these two girls feel bonded to each other . 
Amid warring families and concerns about their future these girls grow up in this small village where everyone knows everyone's else's buisness and time seems to go at a slower pace here.

This is a book to take your time over and it is well worth getting to know these characters well as there is more books in this series . I highly recommend . 

Goodreads :

No comments:

Post a Comment