Monday, December 1, 2014

Orkney Twilight by Clare Carson . Review


This is the story about a cranky secret cop who is a little fond of the drink , and his inquisitive daughter and her quest to find out more about him while they both visit the Island of Orkney . Although Jim is bad tempered and abrupt pretty much all the time I found him very likeable and enjoyed reading his story. Spy's , double agents , secrets and lies all combine in this story in which we can never be sure that everyone is who they seem to be. I enjoyed the setting of the story , I did not know much about Orkney before and so I had to look it up. The characters , especially Jim, was fascinating , his life was very cloak and dagger and it really intrigued me about why someone would do that type of job and what the world of the secret services is actually like. 

I recommend this to everyone who likes a thrilling good spy story ,that will keep you guessing. You will love this!

I received this book for review from the lovely people over at Lovereading.co.uk
This book is due to be published  April 2015  and will be available to buy from lovereading and all other good bookstores at that time. 
Below please find a link to the lovereading website! 

No comments:

Post a Comment