Saturday, December 13, 2014

Death With All The Trimmings by Lucy Burdette . Review

This is book Five in the Key West Food Critic Mystery Series. In this book it's Christmas time in Key west and Hayley Snow ( our main character in the series) is interviewing the famous if not slightly terrifying Edel Waugh. Many thanks go out to Lucy from me as she used my name for the character and it was a complete honor and great fun reading what this Edel got up to. Chef Edel Waugh has just opened a restaurant in Key West but not a single thing is going as planned because at every turn we are met with one disaster after another and it  feels more like Friday the 13th then the holly jolly festive season.
Someone is really trying to hurt Edel's business and Hayley feeling sorry for this hard working woman decides to help her before she meets with more disasters. These two form the most unlikely a friendship as you could ever meet but it makes for great reading. One of my favourite characters Hayley's friend and houseboat mate Gloria is back and we spend a good bit of time with this character in this book which I loved as she is a real mother figure with extra sparkle and charm. This story is just the perfect Christmas cozy mystery and I loved every minute of it.  Now I am crossing my fingers that book 6 will be out soon so I can get back to my favourite characters in the beautiful Key West that Lucy describes so well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment