Saturday, June 7, 2014

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld . Review

I had heard great reviews about this book but I knew very little about it as I stayed away from spoilers . This was a tremendously good dystopian book with amazing world building and character development. I love when a dystopian book is written so well that you could easily believe that our world could turn that way ,into a society that favours beauty and obedience as is the case in this story . 
The main character in the story is called Tally and she is about to turn 16 and pretty but things don't go exactly as planned for this heroine on the day of her operation to turn pretty.
I don't want to give too much away about the story but I was very impressed by it and keen to read more books in this series. Book 2 is Pretties, book 3 is Specials and book 4 is Extras.
This book was published by Simon and Schuster. Go read this immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment