Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Secrets Women Keep by Fanny Blake. Review

The story is set in the idyllic French countryside at the beginning of a family holiday. The female narrator of the story is called Rose and she is married to Daniel. While preparing for the arrival of some of her guests and family Rose finds out some shocking news that shakes her to her core. The story then takes us on a journey as this woman/wife/mother deals with what has happened. Rose is a very strong character , her family is her life, but until all that came under threat I don't think she realised how strong she was . Her trust is shattered and her ability to forgive is severely tested. Throughout the story we see a lot of changes in Rose , which often made me question if I was put in the same position how would I handle it . This is a story where the surprises just keep coming and throughout the story I was continually awed by this writers ability to keep me gripped and make me care for these characters. This is a story to be gobbled up in one sitting then passed to every single book friend you have for them to read too. Needless to say I adored this!

This book is due for release in July 2013.
I received this book from the lovely folks over at  Lovereading.co.uk for review.
You can find out more about this book below where there are other reviews and a free excerpt:
http://www.lovereading.co.uk/book/8811/The-Secrets-Women-Keep-by-Fanny-Blake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment