Saturday, July 4, 2015

Book Loving Bloggers Q&A

Hi guys , today I want to introduce you to the lovely Lesley . Lesley is a blogger , Youtuber and all round awesome lady and we had a little chat today about the bookish loves in Lesley's life. 

Q1- WHAT STARTED YOUR LOVE OF READING. 

Lesley- Being read to as a child was my favourite thing to do but I hated having to wait for someone to have time to do it so I begged my mum to teach me when I was either 3 or 4 and never really looked back.

Q-2 WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDHOOD BOOK OR BOOKS.

Lesley-  From about 6 - 10 I couldn't get enough of the Baby Sitters Club and the Baby Sitter Little Sister books by Ann M Martin. I loved that there was always a new one to read!

Q-3 WHICH BOOK DO YOU WISH YOU HAD READ AS A CHILD/TEEN ?

Lesley- I didn't start reading The Harry Potter series until I was 14 or 15, but I know I would have enjoyed them just as much if I started younger. I definitely wish The Series of Unfortunate Events had of been around when I was in primary school though. My twisted little self would have been all over those.

Q-4 LIBRARY , BOOKSHOP , SHOP ONLINE ? WHERE IS YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO SHOP?

Lesley- Learning about online shops like The Book Depository changed my reading life. I love being able to order the particular edition of a book I want. It's like magic to me, although I do love browsing around physical bookstores and finding titles I didn't realise I needed. I still miss the huge Borders Books that use to be close by me.

Q5- DID YOU ALWAYS WANT TO BE A BLOGGER / REVIEWER ?
 
Lesley-Not at all. It didn't occur to me to start something like my Booktube channel for the longest time but now I can't imagine life without it.

Q6- ARE THERE TIMES YOU CAN'T READ ? IF SO , WHAT DO YOU DO?

Lesley- There are times when I'm not as motivated to read as others but I find rereading an old favourite can help or buying a new title that sounds exciting to me.

Q7- WHAT IS THE BEST THING ABOUT BEING A BOOK REVIEWER ?

Lesley- The feedback is definitely the highlight for me. Talking about a book I love and having other people respond with how much they enjoy it too, especially if someone picks something up on my recommendation and thanks me for introducing them to a book they ended up loving. It just makes my day.

Q8- WHAT BOOK RELATED PLACE IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT? 

Lesley- Oscar Wilde's grave outside of Paris! I was in Paris years ago but ran out of time to visit. I know it will be something I regret forever if I don't make sure to get back there and see it for myself.

Q9- HAVE YOU EVER SAT DOWN AND READ A BOOK IN ONE SITTING

Lesley -  Definitely. Quite a few times in fact but the one that stands out the most is The Great Gatsby. Nothing could have made me put that down the first time I read it. It was just one of those times when the book you pick up fits your mood exactly and I just had to keep reading.

Q-10 FAVOURITE GENRE

Lesley-  I don't know if you would definitively count this as a genre but Modern Classics are just something that I can never seem to get enough of. Books written in the first half of the 20th century just seem to speak to me in a way other books can't manage most of the time. I adore them.

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving such great answers. Those of you who might not already know Lesley can find her through the links below where she regularly uploads amazing content that is sure to have any book lover clicking that subscribe button. 

Wordsofareader Blog
Wordsofareader YouTube 
Wordsofareader Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment