Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Jane Of Lantern Hill by L. M Montgomery. Review



I am a huge fan of the Anne Of Green Gables series and I have not read anything else by the author( I know ! I should really get on to that )  , I don’t know why it has taken me so long to get round to reading this book as it has been on my radar for a long time . I wish I had not left it as long .....let’s talk ! 

The story is about a young girl called Jane who lives with her beautiful mother and pernickety grandmother who she does not really like , her grandmother is a hard woman to live with who enjoys finding the faults in everyone and everything much to the disappointment of those around her . The three of them live in a big house in Toronto severely lacking any kind of warmth  . Jane’s father she believed was dead until one day she finds out different when she gets an invite to Prince Edward Island to stay with him for the summer and get to know him much to the surprise of everyone !

This was such a dreamy book of hopes and dreams , beautiful settings , with rich characters and a very memorable plot . 

If you have been a fan of Anne Of Green Gables then don’t hesitate to pick this up , it was lovely being back on Prince Edward Island again with another smart , funny young lady . Sigh .... I loved it ! 


This was a library book:

Below please find a link to this on Goodreads :

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/149543.Jane_of_Lantern_Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment