Thursday, September 17, 2015

Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool. Review

I listened to this in about two big chunks  as I carried on with my day ,but I found myself stopping and listening to the honey toned voice of the narrator . The story is about a young girl during summer holidays from school in the small mining town of Manifest. This book was pure heaven! Lazy hazy summer days, friends , adventures , stories and small town history combine to make this a dreamy feel good book . All kinds of small town characters live here where current residents can recall previous generations and everyone knows everyone else's business . The rich are very rich here and the poor are really struggling but all are interesting and it was completely impossible to put this down. 
Read this gem immediately, it is a perfect summer book. This would make a great summer read with a cold drink by your side . 
Below is a link to this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment