Sunday, November 24, 2019

My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout . Review



The story begins with Lucy in hospital in New York after having surgery . Lucy is a daughter , mother , and wife , and during the duration of reading the story we get to see glimpses of her life from being a young girl up to present day . 

This story is told in such a way it has an almost dream like quality to it where information is given to the reader very subtlety that I found myself reading over a few parts twice . The story covers subjects like the mother and daughter relationship, mental health , family secrets , growing up in small towns , marriage , love , lust and longing and for under 200 pages it does this beautifully. This was the first time I have read anything by the author and I was very impressed and I am already working my way through another book of hers with another waiting for me on the shelf . 

Do I recommend this ...... absolutely, without any doubt . 


Links below :


Elizabeth Strout:

https://www.elizabethstrout.com/

Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/97313.Elizabeth_Strout



No comments:

Post a Comment