Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Reading....Bring it on Ghosties!!!



                                                             Halloween Reading







It's that time again folks! Colder nights are creeping in...frost may be sprinkling glitter on the world making everything look prettier,the leafs have turned stunning colours, but then comes one night a year from out of their abodes comes ghosties and ghouls who wander the earth in search of .......sweeties?....yep sweeties!!!
Well if you are not into the Halloween movies that shall be haunting all TV stations for the next week then perhaps have a nice sit down with a fright inducing book instead... bottle of warm  blood optional...( not having any Vampires visiting ? perhaps omit that beverage then so ;0)




So I tried to have a think back to all the horror books I have read or come across through the years and well it has become a  rather  impressive list.
Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake... from the opening pages this book had me hooked. There is also a book after this one(I have yet to read that one)
A Discovery Of Witches by Deborah Harkness.First book in a series.. Have yet to read this but loving the cover and the blurb at the back looks very promising.
 
Dracula by Bram Stoker....come on guys it's a classic!!Dark Gothic story about Vampires ...ladies in distress, blood sucking vampires...travels to far of lands, mental hospitals, Vampire hunting with a really great chase involving lots of travel...... You can see why it's a classic... Well done Mr Stoker!!

The Omen.....Creepy little book.......Can't find my copy of this one.

The Amity-ville horror.....terror inducing. Cannot lay my hand on my edition right now, if you have not read it and you like horror then go get it .... and read it in daytime!!!

Where would a Halloween collection be without Stephen King's books making an appearance... Many nights have been spent curled up in bed with one of his fine books ,scaring the bejezus out of myself while every noise in my house freaks me out. Here are a mere few of his wonderful books.




The Haunting Of Hill House by Susan Hill.....I love a good haunted house story with a dark history to it.


The Woman In Black by Susan Hill .....This really strikes fear into me...Ghosts, tragic deaths, mists, haunted houses,marshes, ooohhhh it's a scary one!!!! Also has an ending that you do not see coming.Not a huge book but a lot of scares between it's pages. This builds tension like few books can.

Psycho 2... If the first book did not scare the life out of you well lets see if book 2 will..(insert maniac laughter here)


So friends have you any horror books you are dying to share with me in the run up to Halloween?
If so please put in the comments below...when I pop out of my coffin I will have a look at them....until next time....

Wishing you all a safe and happy Halloween
Lots of Love and Vampire Kisses xxxxxxxx

Now where did I park my broom stick.....(scratches head)

No comments:

Post a Comment