Friday, February 24, 2017

The Millstone by Margaret Drabble. Review

I first came across this book while listening to a podcast where the author describes this book. Needless to say it made enough of an impact on my imagination that I curiously ordered it from the library. I fell in love with the authors writing style immediately and the voice of the main character who finds herself unluckily pregnant at a time when it was most definitely frowned upon . Being from a comfortable background , and with a lot of gumption this helped her make the decisions she needed to make about her pregnancy . The book feels very personal reading it . It felt more like being whispered the inner most secrets of someone's head that was going through a lot of emotional turmoil ! I admired her so much and despite the obstacles she faced she did so with elegance and style . At first I was not sure I agreed with the ending but the more I have thought about it since ,the more I understand the main character , I am glad the author left it like that. It felt true to the main characters personality . A truly remarkable author and story!  I will now have to buy the book for my myself as It is going on my favourites shelf ! 

This was a library book, def check it out! :0) ( literally) . 
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment