Monday, February 1, 2021

Salem’s Lot by Stephen King . Review .

I had this book on my shelf for a long time , I dare say it was years . Within minutes of taking it down and opening it I was incredibly glad that I did , straight away I was pulled into the story and getting seriously invested in the characters , all of which were well described and very enjoyable to learn about . Jerusalem’s Lot is a special place , a small town with ordinary everyday people living their ordinary lives until one day it all changes , until one day the picture perfect small town goes completely to hell and it takes as many people with it as it can . Stephen King makes the ordinary minutiae of people’s lives extraordinary, each persons story unique , and each person special in their own way . It feels almost like you are peeking in at these peoples lives . While the first third of the book is getting to know the people and the town , it’s history and the buildings and businesses the next part of the story begins to cause unease and this sense of dread picks up speed quickly to the last pages . I read this in three sittings and that was from sheer willpower to make it last , this is one of my favourite Stephen King books and I loved every minute of being immersed in his world . This is definitely a book I will read again as some of it’s characters storylines have stayed with me and give me chills at the thought of them . This author is a genius at world building and I will never tire of his writing . Add this to your TBR pile .


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11590._Salem_s_Lot

No comments:

Post a Comment